Jobs aT Datylon
Graphic Design Intern
Part-time or Full-time
Datylon is a scale-up that offers data visualization products & services with a vision to bring about change with data. We have been around for a couple of years, successfully delivering custom digital & dataviz development projects. Early 2020, we also launched our data-viz platform and chart and report maker tool for designers, business users, and enterprises worldwide.
Data visualization has evolved tremendously over the last few years. Datylon caught this exciting dataviz wave nearly from the onset. With a team of 25 (partly remote) experienced software engineers and dataviz experts we’ve been enjoying building our cutting edge dataviz products.
The Datylon team is hands-on, focused, and combines a startup DNA with tons of experience in building and bringing to market complex software and SaaS solutions. As we’re at the forefront of dataviz we invest in experimenting and learning new tools, frameworks, and concepts. We are always exploring and open to new and better ways of working.
Our offices are located in central Antwerp within the exciting Startup Village.
About the position
We are looking for a creative Graphic Design Intern to join us at Datylon. Are you looking for a three- to six-month-long opportunity to grow your experience and portfolio? Then this graphic design internship might be for you!
In this position, you will be able to conceptualize, design and produce visuals that will strengthen Datylon’s advertising campaigns and brand communications. You will be required to adhere to and be able to overview our branding guidelines. Your design will be integrated into our visual identity, social media communication, promotional campaigns, email marketing, etc. If needed, you will lead our collaboration with the external designers.
We strongly believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams. We provide a flexible environment that helps you grow as an individual while we deliver great teamwork that benefits our customers.
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written, as it’s our main communication language).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s student in design, media, or similar creative field.
- Belgium-based or willing to (temporarily) relocate to Belgium.
- Good understanding of digital design.
- Candidates with an interest in data visualization will stand out among other applicants!
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable sharing creative ideas and suggestions.
- Proficiency with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects).
- Self-starter mentality; you don’t need to wait for instructions but like to think and act proactively.
- Genuine curiosity in the evolving landscape of art direction, available tools, technologies, and trends.
- Flexible: in a start-up environment everything can change overnight, but you’re adaptable and excited for challenges.
- Bonus points: experience in animations/video/movie creations; professional portfolio.
What we offer
- An inspiring work environment with great colleagues of all ages and backgrounds, right within the center of Antwerp.
- This is an unpaid internship opportunity, either full-time or part-time, with a minimum of 3 days a week. You may also combine this opportunity with your thesis or your study plan from university.
- We encourage self-development and will provide the right resources when needed.
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a scale-up environment.
- Flexible work hours and the possibility to work partially from home.
- Exposure to global brands.
- A flat organization where you have the freedom to make a real difference.
- Good coffee, daily lunch, and fruit.