Jobs aT Datylon
Data Visualization Engineer
Datylon is a scale-up that offers data visualization products & services with a vision to bring about change with data. We have been around for a couple of years, successfully delivering custom digital & dataviz development projects. In early 2020, we also launched our data-viz platform and chart and report maker tool for designers, business users, and enterprises worldwide.
Data visualization has evolved tremendously over the last few years. Datylon caught this exciting dataviz wave nearly from the onset. With a team of 25 (partly remote) experienced software engineers and dataviz experts we’ve been enjoying building our cutting-edge dataviz products.
The Datylon team is hands-on, focused, and combines a startup DNA with tons of experience in building and bringing to market complex software and SaaS solutions. As we’re at the forefront of dataviz we invest in experimenting and learning new tools, frameworks, and concepts. We are always exploring and open to new and better ways of working.
Our offices are located in the heart of Antwerp (dunden).
About the position
We are now looking for a Data Visualization Engineer who shares our knack for dataviz to join us at Datylon. Our preferred candidate is a knowledgeable and skilled software developer with demonstrable experience in data visualization. You will be involved in projects related to the design and development of dataviz, both within Datylon and with our customers. You care deeply about great design and enabling a strong user experience to make data communication more effective.
We strongly believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams. We provide a flexible environment that helps you grow as an individual while we deliver great teamwork that benefits our customers.
As a large part of our team is already remote we need to strengthen our local team. We expect you to be able to come to our Antwerp office 2 to 3 days per week. You will work in close cooperation with our CTO.
Required skills & experience
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written, as it’s our main communication language).
- Master's degree, or higher.
- Belgium-based or willing to relocate to Belgium. Please note: we don't provide relocation support so kindly make your visa status clear in the application
- Self-starter mentality; you don’t need to wait for instructions but like to think and act proactively.
- 4+ years of relevant working experience.
- Please make sure to attach your CV and cover letter (both in English) to the application.
While the focus will be on dataviz engineering, interest and willingness to help out with more general front-end development is an advantage. We require experience or affinity with one or more of the following technologies and development practices:
- Data visualization technologies (d3.js, vega, plotly, Highcharts, leaflet, cartoDB, mapbox,…).
- Angular and/or React and/or Vue.js
- HTML/ CSS.
- Build and devops : npm, webpack, gradle, sbt.
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, BitBucket, Bamboo, …).
- Test-driven development.
- Agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
What we offer
- An inspiring and international work environment with great colleagues of all ages and backgrounds, right within the center of Antwerp.
- A complete and attractive salary package.
- We encourage self-development and will provide the right resources when needed.
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a scale-up environment.
- Flexible work hours and the possibility to work partially from home.
- Exposure to global brands.
- A flat organization where you have the freedom to make a real difference.
- Good coffee, daily lunch, and fruit.