Jobs aT Datylon
Full Stack Developer
With back-end focus, Belgium based
Datylon is a scale-up that offers data visualization products & services with a vision to bring about change with data. We have been around for a couple of years, successfully delivering custom digital & dataviz development projects. Early 2020, we also launched our data-viz platform and chart and report maker tool for designers, business users, and enterprises worldwide.
Data visualization has evolved tremendously over the last few years. Datylon caught this exciting dataviz wave nearly from the onset. With a team of 25 (partly remote) experienced software engineers and dataviz experts we’ve been enjoying building our cutting edge dataviz products.
The Datylon team is hands-on, focused, and combines a startup DNA with tons of experience in building and bringing to market complex software and SaaS solutions. As we’re at the forefront of dataviz we invest in experimenting and learning new tools, frameworks, and concepts. We are always exploring and open to new and better ways of working.
Our offices are located in central Antwerp within the exciting Startup Village.
About the position
We are now looking for a Full Stack Developer with a back-end focus and who shares our knack for dataviz. You will be working in a close-knit team and we’d love to see you show technical leadership in aspects of our dataviz platform or custom dataviz projects.
We strongly believe in the strength of diverse and inclusive teams. We provide a flexible environment that helps you grow as an individual while we deliver great teamwork that benefits our customers.
As a large part of our team is already remote we are now in need to strengthen our local team. We expect you to be able to come to our Antwerp office two or three days per week. You will work in close cooperation with our CTO.
Required skills & experience
- Master's degree or higher.
- 4+ years of relevant working experience.
Experience or affinity with one or more of the following technologies and development practices. While the focus will be on back-end development, interest and willingness to help out with front-end work is an advantage.
- Java for back-end web application and REST webservice development (Spring stack, DropWizard, …)
- Scala and Play framework
- RDBMS (and SQL)
- Build and devops : npm, webpack, gradle, sbt
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, BitBucket, Bamboo, …)
- Test-driven development
- Agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
- Apache Nifi, Kafka, Spark
- Amazon AWS, Redshift, RDS, Kinesis
- HTML, CSS
What we offer
- An inspiring work environment with great colleagues of all ages and backgrounds, right within the center of Antwerp.
- A complete and attractive salary package.
- Flexible work hours and the possibility to work partially from home.
- Exposure to global brands.
- We encourage self-development and will provide the right resources when needed
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a scale-up environment.
- A flat organization where you have the freedom to make a real difference
- Good coffee, daily lunch, and fruit.