Jobs aT Datylon
Data Visualization Designer
Freelance or payroll
Datylon is a scale-up that offers data visualization products & services with a vision to bring about change with data. We have been around for a couple of years, successfully delivering custom digital & dataviz development projects. Early 2020, we also launched our self-funded data-viz platform and chart and report maker tool for designers, business users, and enterprises worldwide.
Data visualization has evolved tremendously over the last few years. Datylon caught this exciting dataviz wave nearly from the onset. With a team of 25 (partly remote) experienced software engineers and dataviz experts we’ve been enjoying building our cutting edge dataviz products.
The Datylon team is hands-on, focused and combines a startup DNA with tons of experience in building and bringing to market complex software and SaaS solutions. As we’re at the forefront of dataviz we invest in experimenting and learning new tools, frameworks, and concepts. We are always exploring and open to new and better ways of working.
Our offices are located in central Antwerp within the exciting Startup Village.
About the position
We are now looking for a (freelance or payroll) Data Visualization Designer who can support Datylon with customer projects as well as with communicating our dataviz design expertise.
- Consult and support our customers to visually depict data accurately and in ways that are engaging, actionable, and relevant to their target audiences.
- Design appealing data visualizations, reports, presentations, and templates.
- Create data visualization style guides and guidelines for our customers
- Closely work together with the Account Manager for customer briefings and project planning
Communicating our dataviz design expertise:
- Support marketing with the development and illustration of blogs, articles, and landing pages to share our dataviz design expertise & best practices
- Design dataviz illustrations that are inspirational and a demonstration for what can be done with our chart and report maker tool/dataviz platform
We are looking for someone who can meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Initially, we estimate around 10 days of work per month, but this may slightly vary from month to month. If we find our ideal candidate, we would also consider offering a full-time contract.
The ideal candidate is located in the Benelux or wider Western European region. You may work primarily remotely but are expected to attend regular meetings in the office (Antwerp, Belgium) or at customer locations.
Required skills & experience
- Master degree in information design, graphic design or equivalent by experience.
- Preferably 3+ years of experience in data visualization.
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator. Skilled in Adobe Indesign is a bonus.
- Willing to learn our Datylon for Illustrator tool.
- Design skills combined with a strong interest in data journalism/data storytelling.
- Fluent in English. Other languages may be an advantage (Dutch, German, French, Spanish).
- Sound analytical skills to support our customers in telling stories with their data.
- Customer-facing skills.
- Experience with other chart making, data visualization, or dashboarding tools is a bonus.
- Experience with UX/UI concepts, design thinking, interface usability is a bonus.
What we offer
- An inspiring work environment with great colleagues of all ages and backgrounds, right within the center of Antwerp.
- Opportunity to learn and grow within a scale-up environment.
- Flexible work hours, possibility to work remotely.
- Exposure to global brands.
- A flat organization where you have the freedom to make a real difference.
- Good coffee, daily lunch and fruit - once Corona is tamed that is :)